Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Greeting Card Freebie

Yesterday, my dear husband and daughter and I went on a "road trip".  It is our daughters Spring Break from school so we wanted to do something "different".  Since we just moved here, almost anything we do is going to be "different"... hehehehe... but we chose to go for a car ride and check out Marquette, MI.  It takes about 1 1/2 hours to drive there, which is not too terribly long.  The ride is beautiful!  Only God could create such a wonderful world of beauty!  We saw wild turkeys and lots of deer.  One sign even said to look for MOOSE!  One of these days we'll see one of them, but not this time.  The trees are all starting to get little baby green/yellow buds/leaves.  The sun was shining... It was just a beautiful ride!  Then once in Marquette, we did some shopping and some of our favorite stores that are no longer "in our back yard" and had a lot of fun.  Once we finished lunch at Culver's (OMG...It's been 7 years since we've eaten at Culvers and oh wow was it good!), we decided to drive to Lake Superior and ride the shore.  We got out at a few places to walk to the waters edge.  Honestly, when you stand there looking at the waves, you cannot tell if you are looking at the ocean or a lake.  It is so big and there is no land on the other side to see... it is just water to the horizon!  And the waves/whitecaps were amazing!!!  We rode through one park area and took some pictures.  This picture is one I took and really couldn't even tell if I captured the bird or not because the sun was shining in my face and I couldn't see the camera screen.  Once I got home and put them all into my laptop, I was pleasantly surprised!  Then I came across the element set by Paulette at Create with TLC called YOU GIVE ME WINGS, I just knew I had to get creative with them!  This is the end result I am sharing with you.


The papers I used for the pattern border are also from Paulette's May 2008 Club.  The colors worked PERFECTLY with my photo!  The above picture can be opened to full size and you can save it to do what you wish with it.  I have used it as my desktop picture and it sure is BEAUTIFUL!  I also turned it into a greeting card.  Again, just right click and tell it to open in a new screen and it will open to full size for your printing purposes...


Many thanks to Paulette at Create with TLC for all the many wonderful sets both available as purchase and a LOT of generous freebies to add that finishing touch to so many of my projects!

Our day ended with another wonderful drive home and a relaxing hour or so before bed...  That fresh air and sunshine, not to mention the long needed family time were all such blessings!  It was a GREAT day!

Smuggles,
RhondaSue

.

5 comments:

Tlc Creations said...

Gorgeous picture....goes perfectly with the saying.
Paulette

Rhonda Miller said...

Wow, this is beautiful. Thank you.

Lisa Lynn said...

You are so creative! This is gorgeous!

Kathleen said...

What a great story and a beautiful picture that matches the senti perfectly. Thank you for sharing them all.

Nancy said...

what a great picture, and love your story about your trip...
Rhonda I was off my blog for months too, and when I came came I was lost, there is a way to changed it back, but I can't remember how I did it, if I do I will let you know, just play around with it a little and you will find it... I can't even remember how to add a new design, but that no big deal as I will just keep it nice and plain, hugs,Nancy