Wednesday, October 24, 2012

NO NOODLES ABOUT IT and APPLE CRISP DINNER

I was surfing the web looking for some LOW CARB recipes and came across the following two recipes that I wanted to try.  The first one is for THE BEST LOW CARB LASAGNA.  I have seen many recipes using zucchini slices instead of pasta noodles.  This one caught my attention because of the addition of vegetables besides the zucchini.  I sliced my zucchini about half as thick as their picture shows theirs so I did NOT bake mine in the oven first.  I felt it was thin enough to do "it's thing" in the oven while baking assembled.  And I was right.  They were perfectly tender and tasty! For my meat layer, I used the best quality ground chuck mixed with some Cudighi Sausage (sample recipe and history at that link) that the local grocery store I work for makes themselves.  I did not add any more salt or pepper because the Cudighi is seasoned well!  It was DELICIOUS!!!!!!  I will be making this one again when my husband his home from his TOUR in Australia.  It's a keeper!

Picture by DASHING DISH


The next recipe I did was for an APPLE CRISP for dessert.  It is also a winner!
 

I used SPLENDA granular sugar in place of the white sugar in the apple layer; as well as SPLENDA brown sugar in the crumble layer.  I wanted to use almond flour in the apple mixture, but I honestly don't know if it would have the "binding" effect as the all purpose flour does.  I am pretty sure the flavor would be okay because nuts and apples do go together.  But the purpose of the flour is important so I didn't venture into that experiment yet.  The topping of the drizzled CARMEL was delicious and SUGAR FREE because I used the one available from Walden Farms.  I found it at a local grocery store, but this link shows you what it is.... HERE

http://www.waldenfarms.com/products/dip_caramel.html  
Glad I could share these WINNERS with you!
Have fun and PLAY with your food!
RhondaSue

.


2 comments:

Penny said...

Thanks for sharing the recipes! Now, if I only cooked! LOL!
Hugs, Penny

Unknown said...

This looks yummy, a lot of work, but yummy!